<body bgcolor="WHITE">

Sunday, February 05, 2006

NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD


Thanks to a recent break i've had, i had time aplenty to surf the net,
Here are some interesting articles i came across and they warrant your attention off porn for the next few minutes.

Congress caught making false entries in Wikipedia
Link


January 30, 2006 5:26 PM PST
We already know, of course, that politicians live primarily for re-election and typically view the truth as an impediment to the higher purpose of unfettered self-aggrandizement.

Still, we can be excused for feeling mildly nauseated when fresh confirmation of this distasteful aspect of modern politicking surfaces.

The latest episode appeared last week in the form of a report that aides to Rep. Marty Meehan, a Massachusetts Democrat, deleted references to his broken term-limits pledge and massive campaign war chest on Wikipedia.

Then the trusty editors at Wikipedia got together and compiled a list of over 1,000 edits made by Internet addresses allocated to the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. The IP address subsequently was blocked and unblocked.

An extensive analysis reveals how juvenile official Washington secretly is, behind the mind-numbingly serious talk of public policy.

One edit listed White House press secretary Scott McClellan under the entry for "douche." Another said of Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma) that: "Coburn was voted the most annoying Senator by his peers in Congress. This was due to Senator Coburn being a huge douche-bag."

(Keep in mind these are the same holier-than-thou political climbers tasked with writing laws telling the rest of the country how to behave. Or else.)

This juvenalia is, of course, thoroughly bipartisan. Another change to the Iraq invasion entry shows that the anonymous congressional editor played up the dubious connections between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein.

It's true, of course, that the cretins who are behind the Wikipedia alterations can (and probably will) do this from their home computers in the future. But the difficulty in policing the political class shouldn't make us any less alarmed at the most recent evidence of its misdeeds.

Posted by Declan McCullagh


I am not even going to bother about the fact that these so called leaders would stoop to such courses of actions just to discredit others, rather it worries me that a site like wikipedia whose purpose is creating awareness no doubt to the world out there is now being filled with untruths, then again i suppose that when you try to create a system to allow the freedom of truths to be shared amongst people, i guess you need to keep in check the assclowns who try to fuck up things. ... what i also question myself is ... why do these people do it? aren't they supposed to be more matured and knowledgable than the common crowd, if so why do they resort to such childish and vindictive behaviour ... do all of the world's problems stem from these so called leaders just not being able to come to terms with childish emotions such as jealousy, comparison, etc and in the process then choose to satisfy their own childish issues over the good for their people?? let me know what your thoughts are people.. onto another article...


My God is Better than Your God

Link


As one of the newest contributors to Shoutwire, I feel I should try to distinguish myself from the other members of my illustrious team. After careful consideration, I’ve decided on my niche: I am going to try to bring you all kinds of news that will prove that My God is Better than Your God.

That’s right, I said it out loud. I’ll say it again: My God is Better than Your God. I don’t care if you’re a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu or Branch Davidian. My God is Better than All Your Gods. Hands down.

Now I suppose at this point you’re either ranting, raving, or building something to kill me with (or you just don’t give a damn, which means you’re probably not even reading anymore) but hear me out. Once I explain why My God is Better than Your God, you’ll most likely agree with what I have to say.

The only thing that makes my God Better than Your God is this: I’m not even sure my God exists. But that’s OK, because in the end it doesn’t make a licking difference in my life anyways.

The way I see it, all through history mankind has been having this debate over whose God is the Best. And when I say debate, I mean debate in the religious sense: war, rape, atrocities, torture, maiming and baby killing. The fun kind of debate that religion has been up to for thousands of years.

My God has tried to get away from that debate. He’s lead me to search deep within myself for the true answers. So I did. I thought about him and Jesus and Mohamed and all those other crazy party animals. I thought about all the things that make them different for awhile, but that was just crazy; there’s too many differences to even try to document them all. Then I thought about what makes them all the same, and you know what? There’s very little that make them all the same. In fact, about the only thing they have in common is benevolence. They all want their people to prosper and be happy.

Wow. What a bombshell! God wants you and I to be happy. That is a true saying no matter what religion you are talking about (except for the crazy ones, and who wants to follow a god that doesn’t want what is best for you?).

So how do we all achieve real happiness? It’s not by praying. Maybe praying makes you happy, but it doesn’t do much for me, and other people find it downright offensive. Maybe it’s by taking whatever we can as quickly as possible. No, it’s not that either. Material goods bring happiness when you buy them, but they quickly loose their attraction, and you end up just wanting the new one that just came out after you bought yours. That’s not true happiness, and even if it was, it’s not a way to make all people happy, because we do live on a planet of finite resources. And if we’re not all happy, someone unhappy will find a way to make others that are happy pay.

I went on and on like this trying to figure it out, but after a while I was at the same point I was at when I was trying to map out the differences between the religions. There were just too many things to consider. So once again, I tried looking at it from a different perspective: if I can’t figure out what will make everyone happy, what can I show that will make anyone unhappy? Then it occurred to me: violence, in the most general sense of the word, makes people unhappy. So even though I’m not sure what will make everyone happy, I can make sure we get closer to this mythical state of happiness by trying to get rid of some violence in the world.

And where do we get most of our violence? Religion. That’s right. Religion causes the most violence in the world, and it’s been that way since we invented the word religion. So the goal for me is to convince as many people as possible to give up on religion. It’s not the way to find peace, or to find God. If God loves you and me, and wants the best for you and me, isn’t it just logical to give each other enough space to pursue happiness?

As I said before, I don’t even know if my God exists. I’ve gotten no definitive answers to the question of God’s existence. If he does exist (and he is a benevolent God) then I will make him happy by being good to myself and others, the whole time trying to make myself and the world around me better. If he doesn’t exist, then I’m still going to try to make myself as happy as possible, and I’m going to do that by feeling proud of myself and my accomplishments. In other words, I’m going to try to improve myself and the world around me as much as possible. So either way, I’m going to try to make myself happy by constant improvement in my character.

That’s what my God taught me, and that is why My God is Better than Yours.


by posting that, please do not assume that i agree with the writer on his viewpoint, it makes an interesting read and that i simply why i choose to post it. There are some valid points in his article but to make his views and try to impose them onto the rest is a bit of an ego trip as well don't you think .. i mean, in the first place if you truly did believe that your god was better than the rest, they why broadcast it? why not just simply lay out what your viewpoints are when it comes to religion .. i dunno, i could be wrong but it just gets to me whenever people who've apparently seen the light then try to show it off .. there's a difference between sharing knowledge and boasting knowledge people ...

well that's all i've got for now, check back soon and please comment as well .. adieu

------------------------------------ GOD spoke @ 5:13 PM --------------------------------- 7 comments


INFORMATION ON GOD


Name: GOD
Gender: ULTIMATE MALE
Likes: PORN
Dislikes: CONDESENDING LOOKS
School: NANYANG CHINESE POLYTECHNIC

Name:
Location: BEDOK CITY, 3rd Avenue, Singapore

What can i say, apparently im coming off as a corrupt divine being.. well so what, politicians get roles of power.. what do they do?? So if any hot females who want to make out with GOD...and are above the age of 18.. holler bitch .. holler..just be sure that you live in or currently reside in singapore.. unless you're willing to pay for the airfare and accomodation... aside from that.. im also a gifted goalscorer despite my hefty frame in the game of football, so much so that i go by many names... GOD .. henry.. nistelrooy.. van basten .. but my real name happens to be Roberto Baggio...pity no coach sees talent in fat footballers..while they themselves are allowed to be fat..funny irony i guess.. i also like astral travelling and talking to the dead (hey, im god..) Reading the works of robert rankin, borough williams, ayn rand, george orwell and others. Budding porn star having won the porn idol competition where i beat all other males for the title of world porn idol 2004. And lastly an excellent tall tale composer.

don't bother reading this at all